Paint on the carpet, Oh NO!!!
How do you clean up paint from carpet? First things first, time is of the essence, get yourself some gloves to protect your hands. follow the instructions below from your local trusted professionals.
Don’t cry over spilled paint:
Gently scrape off as much as you can with a butter knife, be careful not to spread it further.
- For waterborne paints, use a diluted mix of water and soap.
- For oil-based paints, use the recommended paint thinner. Be careful to not damage the finish of the carpet by using too many chemicals.
Now let’s get started on how you clean up paint from carpet!
- Make sure you use a dye-free rag as you don’t want any color transfer on the carpet
- Start by blotting – then move to a circular motion
- Begin at the outside of the stain working inwards, it’s a good idea to have a clean dry rag handy to absorb excess moisture
- If the paint has dried, you can use a scrub brush if the stain is more stubborn.
- Repeat over and over until the stain is removed.
Tip from the trusted professionals:
- Furthermore, Do not attempt to use a carpet cleaner it will smear and rub the paint in. This will result in a complete disaster.