Frequently Asked Questions
1) What type of paint should I use? The type of paint you should use depends on the surface you are painting and the desired finish. For walls, a latex paint is usually recommended, while for trim or cabinets Semi-gloss latex or oil based is often best for trim, because it’s so easy to wipe clean. For outdoor surfaces, an exterior paint or stain is recommended.
2) How much will it cost? There are a lot of variables so a full consultation is necessary. Based on historical averages for INTERIOR a cost of $3.50 per square foot, painting the interior of a 1,000 square foot home would cost $3,500, a 2,000 square foot home would cost $7,000 and a 3,000 square foot home would cost $10,500.
For EXTERIOR $6,000 on average for exterior painting services. The cost to paint a house exterior ranges from $1,800 to $23,000, depending on the size of your home, your siding material, the prep work required and several other factors.
3) How long will it take? Anywhere from 3 to 21 days depending on the weather, complexity, crew size, and the clients desired timeline.
4) What preparation is needed? For INTERIOR the client will move all furniture to the middle of the room. We will patch and fill any small holes or minor imperfections, scuff sand all surfaces for better adhesion, and thouroughly protect all areas where paint drops or spray could fall. For EXTERIORS the client will move all furniture 3 feet away from the home. Shrubs plantings and trees should be trimmed one to 3 feet from home. We will soft wash your entire home, scrape off any loose or flaking paint, fill any small cracks or holes.
5) What colors should I choose? For EXTERIORS Warm, Earthy Neutrals, Dusty Charcoal, Warm Whites and Creams Vibrant Greens. Muted Gray-Greens, Classic Navy, Exteriors with a Contrasting Door. For INTERIORS the colors you choose for repainting the interior of your house should depend on your personal preferences and the existing decor. Consider colors that will complement the existing furniture, flooring, and other elements in the room. You may also want to consider the amount of natural light in the room and the size of the space when selecting colors.
6) What type of finish should I use? The type of paint finish you should use depends on the surface you are painting and the desired look. For walls, a flat or matte finish is usually recommended, while for trim and furniture, a semi-gloss or gloss finish is often preferred. For outdoor surfaces, an exterior paint with a satin or gloss finish is recommended.
7) What kind of warranty do you offer? We offer a best in the industry 3 year warranty. We take pride in our Warranty program. If there is warranty work to do you don’t have to wonder when we will be back, we call you and give you priority in our schedule.
8) Do you use eco–friendly paints? We recommend paints labeled as low-VOC or zero-VOC to ensure that they are eco-friendly.
9) Do you offer any discounts? Yes we do we have home show discounts, come see us there. We have ads on Facebook and Google offering discounts, reply to us there. And if you read this far well, tell us about it when you book a consult and we will give you 15% off.
10) Are you insured and licensed? In addition to always being in good standing with WorksafeBC we also carry 5 million dollars in liability insurance, you can be sure your entire project and property is safe in our experienced hands.
11) Are you Better Business Bureau Certified and what does that mean? Yes we are certified by the BBB. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is a non–profit organization that sets standards for ethical business practices and provides accreditation to businesses that meet those standards. BBB certification is a sign that a business is trustworthy and reliable, and has a commitment to customer service.